Experts say that we tend to overeat when we’re in social situations, as much as 50 percent more than when we’re eating alone. The solution? Adopt a plan that helps you handle situations where you are tempted to overindulge.
Here are 10 tips to eat smart with resolve and willpower for continued weight loss:
- Wake up and drink 8 ounces of water with freshly squeezed lemon.
- Prepare a large water bottle with the same combo and sip all day.
- Eat a light, nutrient-dense breakfast to keep you full and energized.
- Keep natural snacks on hand, ready for a hungry emergency! If you are traveling, keep fruit in an ice chest for a quick snack.
- For lunch, have a large quinoa salad packed with mixed greens, avocado, tomatoes, tofu or lean protein, beans and a few crushed walnuts or almonds.
- Make time to snack; don’t get so busy you forget to eat.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes daily. Take a walk, hit the gym, or practice the exercises posted on our website.
- We often overeat when we’re stressed. Find a quiet place to decompress, sit comfortably or lie down. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for 15 minutes.
- Take the edge off your hunger. Eat a complete, nutrient-dense meal before you attend an event.
- Set limits on yourself. Have no more than two beverages and one small plate of food. Stash healthy snacks in your bag to get you through those hunger pangs!
By Tami Charbonnet