Simple desserts are the best kind of desserts. This simple recipe is also 3.minimally processed and healthy. It is kid-friendly and can be created a variety of ways. So, feel free to get creative and make a few different types of this great recipe.
Bananas are an excellent food that can be taken quickly for a snack on the road and usually upholds well in a lunch bag. They create little to no mess and provide vitamin C, B and potassium. There is also a good dose of manganese and fiber. They are known for their blood sugar regulation and have been linked to weight loss.
Nut butters are a great way to get rich beneficial fats. It contains vitamins, minerals, fiber and in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, you can get up to 8g of protein. The amount of fiber helps to keep us regular and keeps our gut in check. It will help us stay full and as with bananas, helps regulate blood sugar.
- 4 large bananas
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts or nut of choice
- 12 wooden skewers or lollipop sticks
- Slice bananas into slices about 1 inch thick.
- Spread peanut butter onto a slice and sandwich two slices together.
- Stick one wooden stick in each sandwiched banana.
- Place on wax paper on a cookie sheet and freeze until solid, at least an hour.
- Melt chocolate in microwave* and remove frozen banana bites from freezer.
- Dip each banana pop in chocolate, roll in peanuts if desired and place back on wax paper. Freeze for another hour.
- Transfer and keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
* Melting chocolate in a microwave–use 50% power and stir every 30 seconds until completely melted.