- 3 collard leaves or raw nori sheets
- 1½ avocado
- juice from 1 lemon or lime
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sprouts
- 3/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup purple beets, shredded
- 1/2 cup almond cilantro pâté (optional)
Almond Cilantro Pâté:
- ¾ cup almonds, soaked 24 hours (yields about 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 inch jalapeño, no seeds
- Make almond pâté: put all pâté ingredients, except cilantro, in food processor and process until it becomes a thick pâté.
- Add cilantro and process again briefly. Set to the side.
- In a separate bowl, mash lemon juice, salt & avocado.
- Prepare collards: cut off the stem and then use knife to shave off rib of stem that goes down the center of the leaf. If you are using nori sheets instead, no prep is needed.
- Going in the direction of the stem, pile on pâté, sprouts, beets, carrots and avocado mash.
- Roll up like a burrito.
- Enjoy your wrap like this, or tie it in two places with hemp string and cut diagonally.