Coriander Cumin Tofu Fritters
Write a review
- 45g (1/3cup/1.6 oz) chickpea flour (gram flour)
- 75ml (2.5fl.oz.) non-dairy milk
- 225grams of extra firm organic tofu (not silken variety)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon of roughly crushed coriander seeds (optional)
- A handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- A small handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 x green spring onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Drain and press the tofu block. Do this by placing it in a metal colander with a small upturned plate on top and a heavy can on top of the plate. Leave for 30 minutes to an hour. This will squeeze out the excess water.
- Once drained, place the tofu in a large mixing bowl and add all of the other ingredients, except the gram flour and non-dairy milk. Using a fork, thoroughly mix all these ingredients together, breaking up the tofu as you mix.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the gram flour and non-dairy milk until smooth.
- Fold this batter into the spiced tofu mixture.
- Add a small dash of olive oil to a non-stick pan and place over a medium heat on your stove top.
- Using a large spoon, scoop up a portion of the tofu mixture and drop into the hot pan. Gently flatten it into the shape of a patty and let cook for a few minutes. Carefully flip the patty and cook for a few minutes more. Repeat this process until both sides are golden brown and a little crispy.
- IMPORTANT: You’ll need to let the patties cook for at least 10 minutes each to allow the flavour of the gram flour to mellow out. If they start to turn too dark brown before 10 minutes, turn the heat right down to the minimum to allow for the full cooking time.
- Serve with dips such as our sweet chilli dipping sauce or a dollop of harissa stirred into some plain non-dairy yogurt.
- Find more healthy recipes like this with the whole-food, plant-based KaleKitchen Recipe App. The app includes a selection of breakfasts, desserts, drinks, main dishes, salads and sides. Easy navigation and easy to follow step by step guides make it easy to eat healthy. Download the app and start nourishing your body today!
Inspire Health Magazine http://inspirehealthmag.com/