By Emily Koelsch
Fall is one of the best times of year full of events, cooler days and vibrant colors of changing leaves. The season is particularly fun for kids visiting pumpkin patches, preparing Halloween costumes, picking apples and navigating corn mazes. It’s a great time to get outdoors and experience some special activities with your kids.
While you’re enjoying the season, have some extra fun with creative and seasonal word play. Here are a few of our favorite puns (some might argue a few of our worst) to get you started:
- Make sure that you remind your kids how GOURDgeous this time of year is.
- While you’re outside enjoying the foliage, let them know that you hope this time LEAVES them feeling inspired.
- It really is the perfect time to let kids know that you beLEAF in them and that you think they’re SPOOKtacular.
- Are you having trouble convincing them to pick apples at the orchard? If so, encourage them to at least conCIDER it.
- Perhaps they need help fixing a broken Jack-o-lantern? Easy, just use a pumpkin patch.
- It’s always good to incorporate some math into your activities, so see if they can calculate the ratio of a pumpkin’s circumference to its diameter. Obviously, the answer is Pumpkin Pi.
- Do you need help coming up with a cosTOMB? How about being a mummy?
- Speaking of mummies, do your kids know what kind of music they like? Mostly Wrap.
- Or do they know why the ghost wouldn’t dance at the Halloween party? He had no BODY to dance with.
Despite some of our CORNy jokes, we hope you have an aMAIZEing season with your family. And in all seriousness, we hope you and your family enjoy these fall jokes and have fun trying to come up with a few of your own. Puns or no puns, take advantage of this wonderful season to enjoy some quality time together.