By Crissie Mergogey
- 1 lb. pitted medjool dates (the softer the better)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup oats
- Shredded coconut, cacao powder, or almond meal for rolling
- Blend the dates, cacao power, almonds, and oats in a food processor until well combined and a thick dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into 1 to 2-inch balls.
- Roll the ball through the shredded coconut, cacao powder, or almond meal to coat the surface.
- Eat immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.