By Amber Marie Arevalos
The smell of lemons brings clean, crisp, refreshing thoughts that remind us of warm summer days. So what’s better then this frozen lemon treat! Lemon sorbet is a recipe that can be enjoyed by the whole family. It is made without high glycemic sugars and it’s simple, yet complex in flavor!
Mixing all of these ingredients together creates a refreshing, cooling sweet treat!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 11/2 cup fresh lemon juice (6-7 lemons)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine lemon zest, coconut sugar, honey and water, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Combine cooled syrup with freshly squeezed lemon juice, then pour through a fine mesh strainer into a medium size bowl.
- Place mixture in a freezer in a shallow dish and scrape with a fork every hour until frozen.
- Once frozen, serve as desired
Nutrition Facts: 4 servings • Calories: 306 • Protein: 0.51 g • Total Fat: 0.22g • Carbohydrate 81.81 g
*Alternatively, you can use an ice cream maker by following the manufacturers directions.