- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 whole mangoes
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 2 limes
- 1 orange
- 1/4 red onion
1. Chop romaine lettuce and spinach into small pieces. Wash and strain.
2. Peel and chop mangoes into small chunks.
3. Wash and then finely dice tomato.
4. Peel and mince red onion.
5. Peel and slice avocado.
6. Squeeze the juice from 2 limes and one orange.
7. Wash, strain, and chop cilantro.
Whip it up:
1. Make mango salsa by adding the mango, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, cilantro and lime and orange juice to a bowl. Toss with fingers. Allow mixture to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Pour lettuce and spinach in a large salad bowl. Top with mango salsa.
3. Toss salad and salsa together gently.
By Christina Leidenheimer, CPT, CHLC, CPI