- 6 cups fresh mixed berries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plus 1/2 tablespoon zero calorie natural sweetener, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons whole grain oat flour, divided
- 30 grams (about 1/3 cup) stevia sweetened natural vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegan butter (from a stick, not a tub)
- 1 1/2 cups high protein, low calorie, stevia sweetened vanilla ice cream (preferably natural)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together berries, 1 ½ tablespoons sweetener, and 2 tablespoons flour until well combined. Spoon mixed berries evenly (about 3/4 cup in each) among 6 ramekins (4 1/2 inches in diameter; 1–1 1/2 cups capacity). Place ramekins on a baking sheet large enough to hold them in a single layer so they sit flat.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of flour, protein powder, remaining 1/2 tablespoon of sweetener, cinnamon, and vegan butter to a small mixing bowl. Using a fork or pastry blender, stir flour mixture together to create a crumble. Divide crumble evenly over the top of the fruit in the ramekins (about 1 1/2 tablespoons per ramekin).
- Bake until crumble is golden on top and berries are hot throughout, about 14–20 minutes. Let crumbles cool for 3 minutes. Top each with 1/4 cup ice cream to enjoy immediately. Cover any remaining crumbles with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the oven then top them with ice cream just before enjoying.
- I’ve made these crumbles with many variations of berries—usually whichever are freshest, most plentiful, and, thus, often on sale. As a default, I’ll use 2 cups of blueberries, 2 cups of strawberries, and 2 cups of raspberries. If using strawberries, they will need to be trimmed and chopped to be about the size of the blueberries and raspberries for best results.
- Make sure to use gluten free oat flour if you’re gluten intolerant or serving this dessert to guests who are.
- Make sure you use a protein powder that doesn’t have an aftertaste.
- 1 fruit, 1/2 carbohydrate,
- 1 lean protein, 1/2 fat
- 150 calories
- 4.5 g fat
- 1.3 g saturated fat
- 0 g trans fat
- 20 mg cholesterol
- 85 mg sodium
- 290 mg potassium
- 25 g carbohydrate
- 7 g fiber
- 12 g sugars
- 8 g protein
- 110 mg phosphorus
SERVES: 6 • SERVING SIZE: 1 crumble + 1/4 cup ice cream • PREP TIME: 20 minutes • COOK TIME: 14–20 minutes