- 1½ cups unsweetened organic coconut milk
- 1½ cups coconut cream
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Thai red curry paste
- 2 inch piece ginger root
- 6 cloves garlic
- ¼ yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup of shiitake mushrooms (sliced)
- 3 stalks of green onion or lemon grass
- 4 large carrots
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- Rice noodles (optional)
- 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Measure the coconut milk, coconut cream, vegetable broth, and curry paste,
- Peel and finely mince the ginger root.
- Peel and finely mince the garlic cloves.
- Peel and cut onion into ½ inch slices.
- Wash and the red bell pepper and slice into ½ inch slices.
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth and then slice to measure 1 cup.
- Wash, peel, and slice carrots into thin sticks.
WHIP IT UP:
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut cream, and broth in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the curry paste, ginger, garlic, yellow onion, and carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add all remaining ingredients (bell pepper, mush rooms, and green onion). Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
YIELDS: 4-6 servings.