Are you a busy mom struggling to cram the gym into your daily schedule? Let’s face it, sometimes getting to the gym really is impossible. However, you can still be a fit mom by working out whenever and wherever you can…even if that means having a little audience to cheer you on.
Children love to watch and learn. If they see you working out, they’ll know it is important. If you stick to a workout routine, they’ll know what to expect. Sometimes, they will even want to join in. Let them! Kids can take the seriousness out of working out, and encourage you to have fun. Besides, when they join you, you are motivating them to be active, too. This can benefit their health now and in the future.
Steal only 20 minutes a day to do 3 sets of these 7 exercises. They can all be performed using your own body weight or items around the house. This exercise routine is certain to keep your body tight and toned during your active, busy summer.
Moms that are active:
- have energy throughout the day.
- perform household chores with ease.
- have healthy self-esteem.
- tend to have a positive disposition.
- are setting a positive role model for kids.
Kids that are active are:
- less likely to become overweight as adults.
- less likely to develop type 2 diabetes
- less likely to have high blood pressure
- more likely to have good self-esteem.
- less likely to suffer from depression and anxiety.
By Christina Leidenheimer, CPT, CHLC, CPI