By Crissie Mergogey
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1/2-inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3-4 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup vegan plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped Brazil nuts
- In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic on medium heat for 3 minutes with a bit of oil or water to prevent sticking. Add the ginger and spices and cook for another minute.
- Add the cauliflower, potatoes, broth and canned tomatoes to the pot. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, kale and yogurt. Simmer for another 5 minutes, or until all veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat and mix in the chopped cilantro and Brazil nuts.