Here is our delicious take on the classic creamy potato soup. This soup is perfect to warm you up and beat the winter blues.
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- 10 medium red potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 small yellow squash (chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- 1 banana pepper (seeds removed, chopped)
- ¼ cup sweet onion (thinly chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Peel, rinse, and chop potatoes. Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 2 inches. Boil on high for 30-40 minutes. Pierce potatoes with fork to check for doneness.
- Wash, peel, and chop squash, celery, banana pepper, and onion.
- Measure and prepare herbs, seasonings and all other ingredients.
- When potatoes are almost done, use a large sauté pan over medium heat to sauté onions, celery, and banana pepper in butter. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until veggies are translucent.
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain the water and put pot back on low-medium heat. Add the sautéed onions, celery, and banana peppers to the pot. Add all seasonings, vegetable broth, and water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped thyme. Serve and enjoy.
Yields: 6-8 servings.