By Nellie Palmer
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter crisco
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Roasted Zucchini Chips
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini quiche pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, egg, crisco and salt. Mix with a fork until blended.
- Divide dough into quarters and use to line each quiche pan.
- Place pans on a cookie sheet and pre-bake for 12 minutes.
- Prepare filling by combining heavy cream, eggs, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Whisk until well blended. Fold in Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon into crust, dividing evenly. Do not over-fill, or it will spill over while baking. Allow room for the mixture to expand when baked. (If you have mixture left over, you can spoon into muffin cups and bake. Keep in the refrigerator and heat in microwave for a quick breakfast on the go.)
- Place zucchini chips on top of each quiche.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes (depending on the size of the pans.)
Makes 12 waffles. Waffles can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 4 months. Reheat in a toaster.