- 1 can of organic low sodium black beans
- 1 diced English cucumber
- 1 cup of salsa
- 3 diced jalapenos (if you like a spicy dish)
- 2 ears of corn
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 package Whole Wheat tortillas
- Set oven on bake at 350 degrees
- Boil corn to desired tenderness
- Dice cilantro, jalapenos and English cucumber
- Cut corn off ear and mix kernels in a bowl with black beans, English cucumber, salsa, jalapenos and cilantro
- Place tortillas on a baking sheet over tinfoil and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until crisp
- Break tortillas in pieces for dipping chips
Why we love this dish?
Black beans are loaded with protein and fiber, making this appetizer a great healthy addition to your summer barbeque menu. This black bean dip is an inexpensive dish to make, so it is an ideal option for large groups of people. Corn, also high in fiber, is readily available in the summer months and can be found almost anywhere; its sweet texture is both tasty and refreshing. Those who like a spicy kick will enjoy the jalapenos in this dish, and for those with milder taste buds, they can be easily removed.