Watch out! This apple might bite you! Here’s a healthy take on your not-so-typical Halloween fare.
- Green apples
- Peanut butter
- Strawberries (or organic fruit roll-up snacks)
- Candy eyes or black olive slices
- Sunflower seeds (shelled)
- Quarter a green apple.
- Cut a wedge out of the center.
- Spread peanut butter on the bottom layer.
- Top with a slice of strawberry for the tongue. (can substitute with fruit roll-up slice)
- Use peanut butter to attach the ready-made monster eyes. (can substitute with black olive slices for a healthier, sugar-free version)
- Use sunflower seeds for teeth on the top layer as shown.