- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup chicken bone broth
- ¹⁄3 cup Swerve Confectioners Sugar
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¹⁄3 cup coconut aminos or wheat-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
- Scallions, sliced on the diagonal, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large wok or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Wash and pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Season well on all sides with salt.
- Place chicken in the wok and stir-fry on all sides until light golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside. Add the broth, Swerve, tomato sauce, coconut aminos, vinegar, red pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic to the wok and whisk to combine. Simmer until reduced and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to the wok and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, until sauce is thickened and chicken is warmed through. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and serve over fried rice, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until heated through.
Makes 4 servings.