By Julie Maddock
According to the National Institutes of Health, the average adult should consume 2.4 micrograms of vitamin B-12 each day. Nonfat plain Greek yogurt is an excellent source of B-12 — it yields 1.3 micrograms per 6 ounces. Try this healthier version of comforting mac and cheese to get your B-12 for the day, the nonfat Greek yogurt adds to the creamy sauce!
- 8 to 10 ounces of whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups low-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to season
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Parsley to garnish
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain well.
- Mix in the cheese and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a baking dish. Top with more cheese and bake 30 minuets at 350 degrees.
Makes 4 servings