Apples are known for their sweet flavors and nutritional qualities. They are predominantly used as the star of dessert recipes, but they can be used in other diverse ways. This recipe is a nutritious option that provides bitter, salty and sweet flavors to create a unique salad. It packs protein, fiber and plenty of vitamins and minerals to support a healthy lifestyle.
Feta cheese is one of those stinky cheese varieties, but its unique flavor can add so much to a recipe. It is also higher in calcium and phosphorus than many other cheese varieties, which makes it a great choice to support bone health. Feta is also lower in calories compared to its counterparts and contains probiotics that are great for gut health.
- 6 cups spring mix
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 2 slices of cooked turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts, raw or toasted
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
Calories 1248 kcal
Protein 22.34 g
Total lipid (fat)91.73 g
Carbohydrate 93.66 g
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or place in a jar and shake. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Cook the turkey bacon and then chop or crumble to desired size. Set aside.
- Place the mixed greens in a bowl and add all topping ingredients. Toss so that all ingredients are mixed well. Drizzle salad with desired amount of dressing and enjoy!