By Christina Leidenheimer
- 3 large oranges
- 2 Gala apples
- 1 cup fresh carrot juice (about 5 carrots)
- 2 tsps. freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup ice
- Wash the apples and carrots.
- Core and chop the apple.
- Cut oranges in half.
- In a juicer, juice the carrots.
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges.
- Then grate the ginger.
- Pour all prepared ingredients into a high-powered blender. Blend on high for 1 minute or until smooth.
For healthy munching, garnish with 3 apple slices.
This smoothie is high in fiber. Just one apple contains 3 to 5 grams of fiber, and much of it is in the skin. Fiber and ginger are a dynamic duo in this smoothie. Ginger helps spice things up, stimulating digestion and giving your metabolism a healthy nudge, which potentially leads to increased calorie burning. Not to be forgotten, is the fat-fighting vitamin C swimming in the sweet fresh orange juice.