By Nellie Palmer
- 1 pkg. fresh asparagus, do not use canned asparagus.
- 1 pkg. (2 cups) grated Swiss cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp white pepper
- salt to taste
- pre-made Pillsbury pie crust
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Line a rectangle pan with parchment paper, then line it with the pie crust. Use both pie crusts so that it is thick, with no holes. Make sure parchment sticks up enough to lift out of pan later. Use pie crust beads in bottom of crust before putting in oven.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Mix heavy cream, eggs, white pepper and salt. Add swiss cheese and blend.
- Layer one row of trimmed asparagus on bottom of tart shell (leave inside pan). Pour egg mixture over asparagus. Layer another row of trimmed asparagus. Layer cheddar cheese. Top with another layer of asparagus. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake another 10 minutes. Let set before serving.