Beets, like chocolate, contain tryptophan an essential amino acid needed by the body to produce serotonin—the chemical that helps you relax. Simply put, beets can help you feel better! Oh, and, they are an aphrodisiac too. And, if that does not motivate you, these sweet root veggies also contain a plethora of other vitamins like vitamin A, B, C, E, K and the minerals potassium, folic acid, manganese, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphor, selenium, zinc, sodium, copper, and iodine. Let’s drink to that.
- 2 organic red beets with green tops
- 3 organic Fuji apples
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup organic cranberries
What to do:
- Wash all ingredients.
- Cut apples in quarters and remove seeds.
- Pass all ingredients through a juicer.
- Serve, sip, smile, and enjoy.
Yields: 1 serving
By Christina Leidenheimer, CPT, CHLC, CPI