- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 TBSP brown sugar or maple syrup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (or ¼ tsp ground ginger)
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu (or chicken), chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 8 oz. mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into ½-inch thick “coins”
- ½ a pineapple, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- ½ red onion, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 8 skewers
- Make the marinade by combining all marinade ingredients in an 8×8 pan or similar sized dish.
- Add the tofu or chicken pieces to the marinade, cover and let sit in the fridge for 30-45 minutes; rotating the pieces halfway through.
- Preheat the grill to medium/high heat (or preheat oven to 425oF).
- After the tofu has marinated, thread the kebab ingredients onto the skewers in any order you like until all the ingredients are gone.
- Place on the grill and brush the entire kebabs with leftover marinade. Cook for about 15 minutes (or bake for 20-25 minutes) and rotate the kebabs every few minutes to ensure they cook evenly.