By Amber Marie Arevalos
Cauliflower is a keto dieter’s go-to “carb.” Since cauliflower is very low in carbohydrates and very versatile, it is a great for replacing rice, pasta and potatoes. 1/2 cup of cauliflower has only 1.5 grams of carbohydrates. With 1 full cup you can get 3 grams of fiber, 77 percent of your vitamin C, 20 percent of vitamin K, 11 percent vitamin B6 and 14 percent folate.
We all know that bacon has been around for centuries! It’s one food that so many people love. There are recipes for chocolate covered bacon, candied bacon and even fruit wrapped in bacon. I would say that out of all foods bacon is a favorite! This recipe gives bacon the chance to really put some flavor into cauliflower. Bacon alone has some nutritional value, by providing 12 grams of protein. Although high in sodium and fat, on a keto diet we get a small pass to enjoy a serving of this delicious side dish!
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- In a large pan, melt butter and stir in riced cauliflower on medium heat. Add salt and pepper. Continue to cook the cauliflower for 7-8 minutes until the cauliflower is of rice texture.
- Turn down heat to medium low and stir in cream cheese and cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add green onions and bacon. Serve immediately!