By Amber Marie Arevalos
With the warmer months coming into season, the demand for cooler recipes is high. We want to keep the house cool and do little to no work in the kitchen. This recipe is simple yet tasteful, with a lot of health benefits. You can dress this up as much or as little as you want. Chicken is a very common choice of protein. One chicken breast will give you 26.1g of protein, 1.4g of fat and 0g of carbohydrates. The lean protein found in chicken helps with growing and maintaining muscle mass, which will help with increasing strength. Chicken breast without the skin contains the least amount of fat amongst all the other variations of chicken.
Avocados contain an amazing amount of nutrition. One of the most common known facts about avocados is that they are a great source of healthy fat. The fat derived from avocados are in the omega-3 fatty acids, which is great for bone health. They also contain great sources of vitamins C, E, K and B.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 bag spring mix
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1/2 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (1 ear, slice corn off cob and cook in microwave until tender)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (or the juice of 2 limes)1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil spray
- Spray chicken breast with avocado oil, season with salt and pepper. Cook in air fryer at 390° for 18 minutes. Remove and cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Place spring mix in a large salad bowl.
- Mix olive oil, cilantro, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to mix all thoroughly.
- Layer other vegetables around bowl.
Servings: 6 people
If you do not have an air fryer for this recipe, you may bake the chicken in an oven at 350° for 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories: 199 kcal
Protein: 2.88 g
Fat: 16.91 g
Carbohydrates: 12.97 g