Creamy Potato Soup
Enjoy this hearty and creamy potato soup with its comforting blend of flavors. It’s a perfect dish to warm you up during chilly days and bring joy to your table all year round. Share this delicious recipe with your loved ones and savor the simple pleasure of a warm and comforting bowl of creamy potato soup.
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of water
- 10 medium red potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 small yellow squash (chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1 celery stalk (chopped)
- 1 banana pepper (seeds removed, chopped)
- ¼ cup sweet onion (thinly chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Peel, rinse, and chop potatoes. Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover the potatoes by 2 inches. Boil on high for 30-40 minutes. Pierce potatoes with fork to check for doneness.
- Wash, peel, and chop squash, celery, banana pepper, and onion.
- Measure and prepare herbs, seasonings and all other ingredients.
- When potatoes are almost done, use a large sauté pan over medium heat to sauté onions, celery, and banana pepper in butter. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until veggies are translucent.
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain the water and put pot back on low-medium heat. Add the sautéed onions, celery, and banana peppers to the pot. Add all seasonings, vegetable broth, and water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped thyme. Serve and enjoy.
Yields: 6-8 servings.