Folate-Packed Buddha bowls
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 2/3 cup shelled edamame, frozen
- 2/3 cup corn kernels, frozen
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado, cubed
Maple Tahini Dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp maple syrup
By: Crissie Mergogey
- Bring the quinoa and vegetable broth to a boil in a small pot. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- While the quinoa cooks, saute the asparagus, edamame and corn with a bit of oil or water until the asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix the maple tahini dressing ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Divide the spinach into two bowls and add the cooked quinoa, edamame, corn, sunflower seeds and avocado.
- Drizzle with the dressing and enjoy!