by Jessica Murane jessicamurnane.com
For The Berries
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries (or a combo)
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
For The Cookies
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the fruit topping by combining maple syrup and berries in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For cookies, mix together the brown rice flour, almond meal, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, mix together maple syrup, applesauce, and vanilla. Pour your wet ingredients into your flour mixture and fold everything together. The batter should be very doughy.
- Roll dough into small balls (a little smaller than a golf ball) and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Take your thumb or a back of spoon and press down to make a little well for your fruit filling. Top with your filling.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly brown on the bottom.
Let cool. Eat them up!