- 2 ½ Hass avocados
- 2 Tbsp. red onions (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Slice avocados in half, length-wise. Remove seed and scoop flesh out with a spoon.
- Peel, mince, and measure the onion and garlic.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon to yield 1½ Tbsp.
Whip it up:
- Add avocado and all other ingredients to a food processor. Pulse on high for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Cut up fresh veggies like bell peppers, carrot and cucumber sticks for healthy dipping. Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 1.5 cups
by Christina Leidenheimer, CPT, CHLC, CPI