- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup raw almond or hazelnuts, soaked
- 3 dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp vanilla powder or ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash of salt
- Soak raw nuts in water for 12 hours, then rinse.
- On stove top, warm water to about 120 degrees.
- Add water, nuts and dates to blender and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain blender contents through nut milk bag into large bowl.
- Add nut milk and remaining ingredients to blender and blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour into mug and garnish with extra cayenne or cinnamon.