- 2 cups dry farro
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large Shallot
- Olive oil for cooking
- 2 cobs of fresh corn cut off the cob or 1 small can of corn
- 1-cup English cucumber
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh finely chopped basil
- ¹⁄³ cup sliced natural almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the shallot and cook with olive oil until translucent.
- Add farro to the shallots, along with the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil then cover and let simmer till no broth remains, about 20 minutes.
- Once no broth remains and the farro is cooked, allow the farro to cool. While cooling, combine all the remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, mix and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the farro and all other
- ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Eat cold or at room temperature.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
By Amber Deemer