By Nellie Palmer
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 lbs extra lean ground turkey
- 3 tsp Mexican spice mix
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 fresh green chilies, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add turkey, breaking up any large pieces with a wooden spoon, cook for 4 minutes. Add spice mix and cumin. Season well.
- Stir in beans, corn, cilantro and tomato. Add (1½ cups) water. Bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the chili has thickened.
- Garnish with sliced green chilies and more cilantro.