By: Nellie Palmer
• 3 1/2 pounds fresh apricots
• 6 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
• 2 or 4 red hot chili peppers (depending on desired heat), seeded***
• 1/4 cup rice vinegar (1/8 cup if using 2 peppers)
• 1 package (1 3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
• 7 cups Swerve sugar replacement
***can replace chili peppers with any hot red pepper
Pit and chop apricots; place in a Dutch oven. Stir in lemon juice. Place on lowest heat setting and let simmer.
Place peppers in a separate sauce pan with the rice vinegar. Bring to a boil then simmer until the vinegar reduces. Place in a blender and blend until the peppers are at a desired consistency. Add to the apricots.
Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars. Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
For best results, let processed jam stand at room temperature for 2 weeks to set up.