- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb thin asparagus spears, tough ends snapped
- red onions sliced and separated
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 oz soft goat cheese (or cream cheese), crumbled
- ½ tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil chopped with a few sprigs saved for garnish
- Set oven to broil. Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Be sure to coat both the bottom and the sides of the pan with the oil.
- Add mushrooms, onions, asparagus and basil. Cook until soft sturring occasionally.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and add half the ricotta cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk together well.
- Turn the stove down to medium-low heat. Pour the egg mixture into the cast iron pan. Mix everything together gently.
- Cook this gently for about 5-7 minutes, do not mix or stir while it cooks. Cook until the edges are set but the top is still wet and loose.
- Transfer the skillet to the broiler and cook for another 3 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it. The top should be cooked and set, and a little golden brown.
- Finish with remaining ricotta and basil.