By: Amber Marie
Oregano is one super food that can be used in a variety of dishes.
The lemon juice found in this recipe is loaded with vitamin C, fiber, and other nutrients that are beneficial to improving health. One lemon contains 31 micrograms of vitamin C, making up 51% of our RDI. Vitamin C is known for improving heart health and helping reduce blood cholesterol. Lemon has also been helpful in aiding in weight loss due to its amount of fiber. The fiber, along with the carbohydrates found in lemons, also helps with improving digestive health.
Green beans are a healthy vegetable which contains antioxidants, vitamin C, fiber and plenty of minerals. These properties help fight off free radical damage and help promote gut health. Green beans have also been shown to help with weight loss. Since green beans do not contain any cholesterol, they are great for heart health. A simple serving of one cup of green beans contains 2.7 grams of fiber, 6.6 milligrams of sodium, and 2 grams of protein.
This dish is not only a stand-alone recipe but a complete meal. Most recipes that contain oregano are flavorful and delicious.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 red potatoes
- 2 cups green beans
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 174mg Potassium: 578mg | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 9.7mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.6mg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chicken, potatoes and green beans into an oven-safe dish.
- Cover the ingredients with olive oil, oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper and spread the seasoning around all of the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F in the thickest part.
- Serve each breast with half the green beans, two potatoes each and drizzle with the leftover oregano oil.