If you’re looking for a non-invasive way to keep your face looking young and fresh, fillers offer an alternative to surgery and require little to no recovery time. “Thanks to advancements in facial aging treatments, ‘Liquid facelifts’ now rival the results of cosmetic surgery in the majority of patients,” says Dr. Kate Zibilich
Holcomb, board-certified dermatologist.
With FDA-approved fillers, you can move at your own pace and improve the texture and look of your skin in a natural-looking way. “But you don’t have to wait for wrinkles to start using fillers,” says Dr. Holcomb, whose happiest patients range from ages 30 to 65. “The small changes that begin to occur in our 30s, like looking tired or having a permanently furrowed brow, are easily corrected with liquid facelift,” says Dr. Holcomb.
Aside from improving your overall appearance, there is another long-term perk to using fillers in your 30s. “We now know that filler injections signal the body to produce its own collagen. So patients receiving fillers at a younger age actually slow down and prevent the formation of wrinkles as well,” says Dr. Holcomb.
While liquid facelift is an in-office procedure, Dr. Holcomb warns that research is crucial prior to injection. “The majority of fillers are only FDA approved for one specific location on the face; whereas, non-approved areas treated with liquid facelift are considered ‘off-label,’ meaning the injections deviate from FDA-approved studies. Therefore, it is important to do your homework on the person injecting your face, and their comfort with the type of procedure they are performing.”
Experienced injectors perform liquid facelifts to address the following:
- Rejuvenate facial contours by restoring volume to the cheeks, hollows under the eyes and deep folds
Add fullness to the lips and reduce the appearance of smokers’ lines
- Lift downturned corners of the mouth
- Support and lift the brows
- Restore a soft contour to the forehead or reduce forehead lines
- Treat the furrow between the eyebrows (the 11’s)
- Improve dark circles and hollows under the eyes
- Plump wrinkly, loose earlobes
About Liquid Facelift
Your injector should pay attention to the whole face to establish harmony. Filling a line doesn’t always equal improved appearance.
- Comfort should be a top priority. While liquid facelift doesn’t require surgery, it is important to ensure there are methods available to make the experience pleasant.
- Bruising, which depends on the injector’s experience, is the most common side effect. Lasers can reduce how long they last.
- We lose 1 teaspoon of volume per year after age 30. Plan on A MINIMUM of 1 syringe per decade of life to get full results.
- Multiple syringes can be administered in the same visit, but if more than 3 syringes are needed for the same area, appointments should be spaced 2-4 weeks apart for patient safety.
- To minimize risk of interactions with the filler, do not have fillers placed on either side of new dental procedures for up to 2 weeks.
For additional information on Liquid Facelift contact Pure Dermatology at 504-226-PURE (7873) or visit Dr. Holcomb at 3100 Galleria Drive, Suite 301, Metairie, LA 70001.