By Trinity Edwards
This is a great healthy breakfast and the kiddos are loving it too! The avocado brings in a healthy fat, while the banana adds a source of potassium! Spinach is one of the most beneficial and nutritious greens, adding fiber, iron and vitamins A, C and K. Get all your vitamins and nutrients in with this easy to make smoothie!
- 1/4 cup packed organic mint leaves
- 1 cup packed organic spinach
- 1/4 organic avocado
- 1 organic banana
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla oat/almond milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed ice
- sugar free whipped cream
- Add your choice of vanilla oat/almond milk along with frozen banana, mint leaves (save a couple for garnish), spinach, avocado and ice into blender. Process until smooth. (Add more ice for a thicker consistency)
- Add chocolate chips and briefly pulse until finely chopped (save a few to garnish).
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with dark chocolate pieces, mint leaves and a dash of sugar free whipped cream. Serve immediately.