By Michelle Harris
Thanks to a hot new trend, “mocktails” let you enjoy alcohol free creations that also pack a nutritional punch! Michelle Harris, star in Alive & Well TV series, has added powerful antioxidants like Sambucol Black Elderberry syrup in many of her mocktails to help support a healthy immune system. Using healthy fruit and natural sweeteners along with nutritious add-ons take any drink to the next level.
Hibiscus Raspberry Black Elderberry Infused Tea with Mint Blueberry Ice Cubes
- Pre-freeze ice cubes with blueberries and fresh mint.
- Brew hibiscus raspberry tea and allow to cool overnight
- Pour over blueberry mint ice cubes
- Add 2 tsp black elderberry syrup and enjoy.
The Orange, Pomegranate, Sambucol Black Elderberry-tini is a fresh, healthy take on martinis!
- Dip rim in sugar or edible gold sugar
- Add 1 part pomegranate juice, one-part non-alcoholic orange liqueur (I used Lyre)
- Pour in shaker with ice, use strainer and pour into glass
- Add 2 tsp black elderberry syrup
Black Elderberry Vanilla Cream Soda
- Add 2 tsp Sambucol Black Elderberry syrup
- 1 natural vanilla cream soda
- Add 1 small scoop of non-dairy (example: cashew) ice cream
- Top with non-dairy whipped topping for some extra creaminess!
- Serve while cold
Iced Golden Latte
A delicious alternative to iced coffee for the summer. Using almond or oat milk, cinnamon, ginger and the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric create a creamy delight. Served over ice in warmer months, this iced golden latte is sure to become a favorite.
- Brew and chill a turmeric tea
- Add cinnamon and ginger to taste
- Mix half tea and half almond or oat milk
- Add 1oz alcohol free almond liqueur (Lyre’s)
- Sweeten to taste
- Serve chilled or over ice