By Nellie Palmer
Everyone loves jalapeno poppers! Don’t let your Halloween celebration go without these mummies!
Simple and quick, but they will be a huge hit!
- 12 Jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 package Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 bag, 16 oz, Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 jar Tabasco jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 Pillsbury pie crust
- 48 decorative edible eyes
- Place jalapeno halves on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure all seeds have been removed. Leave the stem in tact.
- Put a tablespoon of shredded cheese in each pepper half.
- Put a teaspoon of pepper jelly in each pepper half.
- Top each pepper half with two teaspoons of cream cheese.
- Place the pie crust on a bread mat or a piece of parchment paper. Using a pizza cutter or pastry cutter, slice pie crust into thin strips. Cut the strips into smaller four inch strips. Wrap the pie crust strips around the peppers in a mummy fashion, tucking the loose ends under the pepper.
- Bake at 350° until pie crust strips are golden and cream cheese is bubbly.
Makes 24 Poppers