By Nellie Palmer
These Paleo Cherry Tarts are a perfect, delicious treat for the summer! Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free and egg-free!
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the whipped cream:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk chilled in fridge for 24 hours
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Add all ingredients for the crust into a food processor and pulse until well combined and it starts to form into a crumbly dough. Divide the dough evenly in six 4-inch tart pans. Press dough around evenly in and around sides of pans. Poke holes in the crust with a fork. Bake crust for 10 minutes, until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Place pitted cherries in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add honey and lemon juice and stir for another 2 minutes. Dissolve arrowroot powder in water and add to cherry mixture. Cook for 1-2 minutes until it becomes thick, stirring constantly.
- Pour filling into tart pans. Let them cool completely before serving.
- For the Whipped Cream (optional):
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge 24 hours before so that the coconut cream separates to the top.
- Remove the lid and scoop out the cream and place in a chilled bowl.
- Add honey and vanilla and whisk until it is light and fluffy.
- Use immediately and refrigerate leftovers.