This roasted veggie soup is ridiculously good!
- 1 large sweet potato chopped into one inch cubes
- 1 small purple onion quartered (remove skin)
- 6 cloves of garlic (cut tips, leave skin on)
- 1 eggplant cut length wise into one inch sticks (leave skin on)
- 1 red bell pepper cut in slices
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- Spray a large baking pan with non-stick spray. After prepping all vegetables as directed above, scatter them evenly on the pan. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; cut rosemary sprigs with kitchen shears and spread evenly over veggies. Roast veggies for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven then flip them over and toss to make sure they are coated with the olive oil. Continue roasting for another 20-25 minutes or just until the sweet potatoes have softened.
- Once veggies are cooked, remove the skin from the garlic. Add all veggies to a Dutch oven, add vegetable broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and use a hand blender to puree the soup to a creamy texture. If you don’t have a hand held blender you can use a regular blender, just add veggies to the pitcher and pulse until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Feed a family of four with this amazing veggie soup and they will get their veggie intake for the day. Complete the meal by adding a protein and complex carbohydrate to your plate.
Makes 4 servings. 250 Calories per serving.