These roasted almonds with coriander, chili and olive oil make the perfect on-the-go snack.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 to 3 small dried red chili peppers
- 2 generous pinches of sea salt
- Add olive oil and almonds to hot sauté pan.
- Sauté and toast almonds until golden brown, shaking pan regularly to color them evenly and accentuate their nutty flavor.
- Crumble in coriander and chili to taste, then add sea salt.
- Toss over and serve hot on large plate. These are perfect as a pre-dinner snack.
Yield: 8 servings