By Nellie Palmer
Nutrition is the foundation upon which good health stands. When it comes to weight loss, what you eat is just as important as how much time you spend exercising. A sandwich is no exception. As one of the simplest meals for Americans to prepare, there are a surprising number of healthy recipes you can use to prepare a nutritious sandwich. Here is an easy recipe you can use to prepare a diet-friendly sandwich.
- 4 slices of brown bread (filled with fiber, the more fiber the better)
- 1 chicken breast sliced in half to make two thin slices of chicken approx. 4 oz. each
- 2 tbsps low calorie mayonnaise per slice of chicken
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1/2 cup arugula or spinach per sandwich
- 2 tbsps Walden Farm’s Asian dressing per sandwich. For a variety, try different sweet dressings.
- 1 tbsp jalapeno mustard per sandwich.
- Rub two tablespoons low calorie mayonnaise on each chicken slice. (one tablespoon per side)
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Air Fry in any size air fryer for 16 to 18 minutes.
- Toast bread.
- Spread jalapeno mustard on each slice.
- Mix the Walden Farm’s dressing and arugula or spinach.
- Place chicken and arugula or spinach on each sandwich.
- Serve with a side of vegetable and egg salad made with low calorie dressing.
*Substitute thin sliced turkey breast for the chicken if desired. Substitute whole grain tortilla wraps for the bread if desired.
When it comes to eating healthy, a sandwich is not a typical staple in fitness diets. However, there are recipes that can be created to help you prepare sandwich meals that fit well within your health goals. By incorporating these techniques and steps, you can add a sandwich to your fitness routine while still enjoying the health benefits and a satisfying taste. As you review your meal plans, consider adding sandwich meals to your regimen as well.