- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper (red or orange), thinly sliced
- 1 Bird’s eye chili pepper, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 8 eggs
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion, pepper and chili until vegetables soften. Add garlic, paprika and cumin. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using a large spoon or ladle, make a small well on the side of the pan and break one egg into the well. Repeat with remaining seven eggs. Carefully spoon a little of the sauce over each egg. Simmer mixture on lowest heat until eggs are set but still runny, about 8 minutes.
- Add some additional salt and pepper if desired and serve with crusty bread.