By Julie Maddock
Nothing says summer quite like a backyard barbecue with family and friends! Your guests will love these delicious and easy teriyaki kebabs. Loaded with fresh onions, peppers, and lean meat (or whatever protein you choose, chicken, shrimp, tofu or lamb), these won’t last long!
- Teriyaki marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lean protein cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large green pepper
- Prepare marinade and add protien. Let sit for 1 hour.
- If using wooden skewers, soak for 30 minutes before use. This will help to prevent the sticks from burning while grilling.
- Cut onions and peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Alternate threading onions, peppers and meat onto skewers.
- Set grill to high; kebabs will cook quickly and have a good sear.
- Grill for 8 minutes for medium rare or until desired degree of doneness.
Makes 4 servings