Sweet summer is here with days of fun in the sun! As magnificent as this season is, it can also take a toll on your skin. Change your skin protection and incorporate a homemade sunscreen into your sun protection regimen!
Everyone knows that sunscreen is intended to shield your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays and we all want to keep our skin looking young and healthy. Knowing these powerful rays can cause premature aging and skin cancer, you may presume you are protecting your skin by using commercial sunscreens. However, many of the most popular lotions and sprays are made with chemicals that could potentially be harmful.
Here’s an easy and fun way to protect your skin by creating your own sunscreen. It only takes about 10 minutes to make and is a 100%-natural skin protectant that you can apply to your beautiful skin with confidence.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 2 tablespoons raw shea butter
- ¼ cup beeswax pellets
- 4 heaping tablespoons zinc powder (non-nano)
- 20-25 drops carrot seed oil
- Add 1 cup of water to a saucepan. Place a heat-resistant glass bowl on top of the saucepan. Bring water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- In the glass bowl add coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax. Melt the ingredients, being sure to stir frequently.
- Remove the bowl from heat, add remaining ingredients to the coconut oil mixture. Stir.
- Pour the sunscreen into glass jars.
- The sunscreen will solidify after about five minutes. The final result will be a spreadable lotion.
- Now that you have created your homemade skin protectant, go out and enjoy that summer sun!