Nutrient-rich dark leafy greens contribute to overall health and well-being. Here are the top 10 reasons to inspire you to eat a salad every day.
- Increase Metabolism: Leafy green salads contain vitamin C, which helps the body process fat efficiently, providing a positive effect on metabolism.
- Prevent Constipation: High fiber content supports healthy digestion, helping to prevent symptoms of digestive irregularities.
- Support Weight Loss: Salads are low in calories while still being nutrient dense.
- Increase Hydration: Leafy greens have a substantially high water content.
- Protect Eye Sight: Lutein and zeaxanthin, carotenoids found in dark-green leafy vegetables, are concentrated in the eye lens and macular region of the retina, thus playing a protective role in the eye.
- Prevent Inflammation: Quercetin, a bioflavonoid found in leafy green vegetables, contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that host unique anticancer properties.
- Support Bone Health: Leafy greens are a rich source of calcium, contributing to bone health.
- Support Blood: Iron found in dark greens (spinach, kale, mustard greens) supports the blood, providing cells with necessary oxygen required for cell functions to prevent fatigue or tiredness.
- Fight Cancer: Rich anti-oxidants prevent oxidative damage to cells, preventing free radicals from causing cancer.
- Strengthen Immune System: Vitamins and minerals found in leafy greens work together to prevent colds, flu, and infections.
See our recipe for Avocado Citrus Salad!