- 1 boneless skinless turkey breast half (3 to 4 pounds)
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach,
thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Make a lengthwise slit down the center of the turkey breast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open meat so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-inch thickness. Remove plastic; set aside.
- In the olive oil, saute onion until tender, add spinach and saute until heated through. Stir in the heavy cream, sour cream, tarragon, salt, pepper and half of the Swiss cheese until blended. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Refrigerate 1/2 cup sauce. Add the spinach and mushrooms to the remaining sauce; spread over turkey breast. Starting at a short end, roll up and tuck in ends; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a greased shallow roasting pan. Brush with butter. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove foil. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Discard string. Let turkey stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, heat the reserved sauce and stir in more cheese.