By Nellie Palmer
Vegan chocolate avocado pudding is the real “no guilt” pudding. The ripe avocado makes a creamy replacement for milk or heavy cream. The combination of cacao powder, pure maple syrup and Madagascar vanilla turn the creamy avocado into a delightful rich chocolate pudding. Raspberries will help mask the avocado flavor and can be replaced with blueberries or cherries. Taste the pudding as you make it and adjust the ingredients to your liking.
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Madagascar vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp water (or more as needed to blend)
- 1/8 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, blueberries or cherries
- Cacao nibs and berries for garnish
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a food processor or blender. Add in the cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, water and berries. Blend until smooth.
- Taste the pudding and add more maple syrup, cacao, vanilla or berries, if needed.
- You can serve this right away, or put it in an airtight container in the fridge to chill.
- Leftovers can be stored in small jelly jars in the fridge for up to 48 hours. The pudding can sometimes separate, but stirring it should restore the texture.